Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My idea of Heaven—Bush's thriving economy

I think the economy is going very well...for cats. In fact, a few of us got together in the alley the other night to talk about unemployment, the war, the price of gasoline and pollution.

"It's all good," said my neighbor, Muzzy. "Gas prices are so high, all of the humans either have to walk everywhere or they drive VERY SLOWLY."

Tripod piped up right away, saying "I wish we had Bush in '99. Might have kept my leg."
Muzzy smirked and said under his cat breath, "Meow, meow, ohwr, arwl." (Translation: Maybe not sleeping the road would have done the trick, you big stupid 11-year-old three-legged bonehead.")

Of course, this led to a scuffle, as talk of politics always does.

Finally, Marge stepped in and both parties backed way off. She's been a bit chippy for a few weeks. I think her humans got another dog. I almost feel sorry for her.

Anyhoo....the discussion resumed with a chat about the Iraq War and terrorism. Gertie, my other neighbor, showed a great deal of interest in this, so I changed the subject to pollution and took a quick nap.

By the time I opened my eyes, most of the cats were in the garbage trying to fish out the human kids' dinner. I thought it was funny because I had already ate all of the meat off their plates. The only food left in the bag was overcooked corn.

But it would take teamwork to find that out, so I left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there a devo in the cat world?

rawr, claw it good!
but cat is real! not made of steel!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/the_hoof/P1010001-bigbud--11.jpg

Anonymous said...

aw. cant post pictures? boo.

cant get me no... meowmixfaction